Ren and the art of Motorcycles

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Time to take the plunge

Well, after being a lurker and commenter on my favorite blogs for almost a year, I decided to take the plunge for myself and try to become a blogger. I figure summer time is ending, so it's a good time to make a beginning.

The title is NOT misspelled, by the way, but refers to two of my favorite things--Ren Faires and motorcycles. I look forward with glee to my first trip this year to the New York Ren Faire where I will meet several old friends and hopefully make new ones. I also get to buy a new bodice since, as all good certified Wenches know (and I am a card carrying member of the Local 69 of the International Wenches Guild), if you can breathe in it, it's too loose. That's what losing nearly 60 lbs will do for you.

My other favorite outside activity is riding my motorcycles. I've been riding for 4 years now and love it. It's one of the best ways I know to get rid of stress.

I'm going to try to post regularly, but no promises at this point.

Mad dash out to the waiting room--ORAC--congradulations! You are now a proud blog grandfather. Hugs to Dr. A and RA (whom I told earlier today that I don't have a blog...so now I've made a lier out of myself already) and I'll be at the next BA meeting with guacamole.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger IAMB said…

    Welcome to the blogging world! You couldn't have picked a better blog grandpa. I actually consider Orac to be a blog father of sorts.

    The story goes that I was just a mere commenter on places like Panda's Thumb and a couple of EvC discussion boards. That in turn led me to PZ's site which, one fateful day, led me to an edition of the Tangled Bank that Orac had a post in. I liked his writing so much that I bookmarked him. After a couple months I decided that I'd give it a shot since I always liked writing anyway, and there's just something appealing about having your very own uncensored place to rant...

    I probably would have started eventually anyway, but his writing was my main inspiration to start.

    By the way: very clever title you've chosen. That has to be one of the best I've yet seen (I mean that).

    Also by the way: I see that you've put me on your blogroll, though I can't seem to remember you ever commenting. Were you one of my lurkers, or did you comment under another handle? Just curious...

     
  • At 5:07 PM, Blogger Maggie Rosethorn said…

    Wow! My first comment and from someone whose blog I really enjoy. Yes, I have commented on your blog...my old comment name was Dawn (my real name). The name I chose for here commemorates some special people.

    Orac's old blog (now Archived Insolence) was the first blog I ever read, and the only one for a while. Then I started following links and comments and now I have a slew of blogs I read regularly. Didn't get them all onto my favorites yet but I will over time.

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger Kristjan Wager said…

    Well, Orac is ok (if longwinded), but he does hang out with some weird types.

    Congratulations with the blog. I personally don't feel that I have enough to write to maintain one (thus keeping to spaming with comments, and the rare guestpost), but I am always happy to see another blog come to life.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home