Ren and the art of Motorcycles

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Computer blues

This is going to be a brief post in the hopes that it will actually make it online before my computer acts up AGAIN!!!! I've tried to write a post several times this week, then my computer decides to shut down, reboot and I lose it all.
Blogger is driving me nuts, too. Anyone got any hints? I have all of my favorite sites bookmarked, but when I have Firefox load them in tabs, frequently the Blogger sites won't reload and I think people haven't posted new items. But....if I hit reload....I'll get all the days inbetween. Should I delete all the cookies on a regular basis? Not load my favorite blogs all at once in tabs? HELP! I will freely admit I "don't know from nothin'" when it comes to HTML and websites.
OK. If this makes it onto Blogger and works, maybe I'll sit down and try to write about my camping memories for the 3rd time.

Wish me luck!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger Krystalline Apostate said…

    Hi Maggie.
    Blogspot is a finicky, temperamental creature at best.
    If you're having PC probs, run your antivirus scan, run an adware/spyware detection program.
    I do all my posts in either Blogger for Word, or Bloggar. Not the best S/W, but blogspot's a pain in the arse.
    I frequently have issues w/blogger.com. But, you get what you pay for, ey? ;)
    You can bookmark via the regular Ctrl-D (which is what I do), or on the dropdown menu, & drop it on the toolbar.
    Firefox has been spotty as of late for me too. I have vs. # 1.5.0.6 - if I open up a 2nd window sometimes, it refuses to let me copy 'n paste from 1 to another.
    You may want to give Opera a try.
    I'd say don't load all your favs simultaneously, don't need to delete your cookies.
    & maybe your PC is having H/W problems?

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Krystalline Apostate said…

    P.S, I'm the atheist formerly known as RA, BTW. ;)

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger Maggie Rosethorn said…

    KA...yes, I know who my friends and favorites are! Thanks for the hints. Maybe I need blogger for dummies so I can do more of these things. As far as the PC, seems to have been a software issue. One piece crashed and tried to take others with it. Since I deleted the crashed one, things have been better.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home