Ren and the art of Motorcycles

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Christmas Songs Meme

Thanks to Doctor Anonymous, this is one meme I can do quickly. Life is starting to settle down, so I should be able to resume blogging more regularly in a week or so.

Five of my favorite Christmas Songs:

1) All of the songs on Mistletoe and Holly by the Mediaeval Baebes
2) Oh Holy Night by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir (I love the choir version, since that's how I learned it. There are some great solo versions, but give me a chorale version anytime!!)
3) The Twelve Days After Christmas by the Seattle Men's Chorus (funniest song EVER!!)
4) Little Drummer Boy by David Bowie and Bing Crosby
5) One more Sleep Till Christmas by Kermit the Frog

People look at my iPod and wonder about my taste in music...all I can say it that it's eclectic.
If you read this and haven't been tagged by this meme, consider yourself tagged!

4 Comments:

  • At 7:04 PM, Blogger Dr. A said…

    Great songs! Bing & Bowie - I like that one as well, but I wonder who had the idea to get those two together for a song.

    Thanks also for the link. I'll add you to my blogroll as well.

     
  • At 9:32 PM, Blogger Maddy said…

    Golly gosh! Indeed I will, consider myself tagged that is to say.
    Best wishes

     
  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger The Minstrel Boy said…

    one small thing, o, holy night!, should be sung in french. only. it's a whole diffent song when done as minuite chretién), with lyrics that have a whole different, and more spiritual meaning. give it a listen. i hate getting all dogmatic and stuff. but sometimes the "english only" crap of american life trys my nerves. people would rather listen to crappy u.s. "versions" than superb foriegn music (the bobby darrin, paul anka and frank sinatra bastardizations of jaques brel spring to mind)

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger Maggie Rosethorn said…

    I'll be honest and say I've never heard the French version done chorally, only as a solo version. I do enjoy it in French, but I just prefer the song as a chorale version, not a solo version. If you can recommend a good chorale version in French, I promise I will listen to it and give my thoughts!

    My foreign musical tastes aren't as developed as they could be; the Baebes sing songs in several languages and I enjoy them all but don't listen to much else outside of English (barring some Latin chants). Mostly because I like to understand the lyrics of music, and without a translation I'm lost. (And I'll acknowledge my musical ignorence right here and say I have no clue who Jacques Brel is, but on the other hand, I'm really too young to have been a Bobby Darrin, Paul Anka, Frank Sinatra fan....I'll take U2, Elton John, etc...)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home