Ren and the art of Motorcycles

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I'm Still Here...

It's been a long time since I posted, and it will be a little while longer, yet, before I add a real post. A close family member just had her youngest son diagnosed with autism and, because they live "out in the middle of nowhere", their internet access is rather slow. She did some research of information but has asked me to help her, so my evenings have been spent on the telephone, doing research from my computer for her, and printing up information that she wants. Along with my own family, classes, and outside activities, blogging has fallen to the wayside for a while. I have a lot of posts in mind, so I will be back, hopefully soon.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:05 PM, Blogger Mom26children said…

    Hi,
    Tell your close family member that her child is the same as always, he just now has a label. Doesn't change at all who he was.
    Also, just to take a breath and not take in too much information at one time. It can all get overwhelming. Believe me, I have been there.
    Give your family member a big hug from me and let them know they will be okay.
    Jeanette

     
  • At 3:18 PM, Blogger Maggie Rosethorn said…

    Jeanette...I love your blog. She is actually happy to have a label; she insisted for quite some time that something was "different" (not WRONG) with this child. Her relief in having this confirmed is huge. She is a great mom. She doesn't see this as changing the child, more as an affirmation that she is right in her belief that the child needs more work than the others did.

    As far as the info, I would try not to give her too much, but in our family, we are both known as "the elephant's child" because we are insatiably curious! She would be on the computer herself for hours, but as I'm sure you know, dial-up is deadly slow. So I find pages, read tidbits, and if she thinks they will be helpful, I print them up and mail packets to her every few days. She loves what you, MomNOS and Soapbox Mom write, it gives her strength. I'll give her the hug.

    Thanks for your words of encouragement!

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger Dr. A said…

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and thanks for the link. I'll do the same. I look forward to reading more from you. Thanks again!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home